Wednesday, April 01, 2015

SPRING FLING APRIL 2015 CHALLENGE by Mandy

Happy April Berry71Bleu  friends!
 
 It's Mandy here and this month I'm hosting a super fun challenge called "Spring Fling"......I am so happy Spring is finally here and I wanted to jump in and host a challenge about it....When I think of  Spring I think of sweetly scented flowers, soft pastel colors, light breezy clothing, birds singing,  outdoor activities such as gardening, bike riding, picnics, long walks and more......Below is this month's mood board I created showing a variety of Spring inspired images.
I decided to create a layout using a photo image of a sketch I recently finished.  I did some photo editing to the sketch and tried to make it look vintage using "Viewfinder" with the photo editing tools....The sketch "in person" is brighter with cleaner lines....The woman has flowers in her hair so that is where my inspiration came from.  I wanted to stick with the soft pastel colors as seen in the above mood board.... Thank you, Marivic Clifton for providing the beautiful images to add to this month's project!
I did fussy cutting to three copies of the below image....The roses are hard to see but they're in there peeking out behind the photo....I added the word BEAUTY below the photo image.
I wanted to add pastel colors to this layout so I used various brands of mists/sprays.....The beautiful papers are from "7 Dots Studio".....They were generously provided from my term last year....Thank you!  The papers are the perfect color for this month's challenge! I also added a beautiful piece of chipboard from "Scrapiniec" below the photo....Thank you!
I added some texture by stenciling circles here and there....
I purposely added messy stitching and messy punch work. Lastly, I added various brands of die cut flourishes in with the flower/leave clusters.
 
We're looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful "Spring" inspired creations!  Don't be afraid to think outside the box!  Please feel free to create layouts, cards, mini albums, mixed media, altered projects, canvas work and more!!!!
 
April Prize


Random Prize
$15 Gift Certificate 

Links:

Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ZeusandZoe/
Instagram: https://instagram.com/zeusnzoe/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zeusandzoe/


We appreciate each and every challenge entry and share the designs that catch our eye on our facebook page and Pinterest Boards. Look for your work there!
 
Have a great day!



 

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous theme for the month Mandy and also an amazing and beautiful page! Your work is really amazing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, Mandy! Your sketch is awesome. I love the punched border at the top,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great moodboard and a beautiful layout Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful moddboard and fantastic project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...